The acidic waste from a fruit processing plant was generating low pH in their effluent and causing corrosion in the local sewer network. In addition, fruit waste was generating extremely high suspended solids which contributed towards a high trade effluent bill. After contacting Smart Storm they were pleased to find that their was a solution to their effluent problems.
Installation of a Bacterial Effluent Treatment Plant comprising of:
- Install a wedge wire screen to remove suspended solids
- Install a pH balancing system to neutralise and maintain pH at point of discharge
- Install flow and waste water sampling equipment to accurately monitor effluent discharge
- Suspended solids reduced from 12,000mg/l to below 500mg/l, a reduction of over 95%
- pH balanced consistently to 7.6