Environmental Case Study:
High Chemical Oxygen Demand (COD), Fats Oils and Grease (FOG), Suspended Solids and Low pH generated from the Bakery Waste were all outside consent levels.
Waste Management Solution:
Installation of a Bacterial Treatment Plant comprising of:
- A settlement tank dosed with coagulant to drop out solids into sludge. Sludge is then removed every 6 weeks.
- A fat skimmer to remove light oils
- Flow and refrigerated waste water sampling equipment
- FOG reduced to below 300mg/l from 20,0000mg/l
- COD reduced to 4000mg/l from 15,000mg/l
- pH balanced to 7.6